HELLO 2016, Goodbye Ombre
Whether they're carrying over from 2015 or are fresh way to start out 2016, we've gathered our take on trends that we'd like to see stick around and the ones we're cutting ties with. 'til the next time ombre hair... just kidding... we hope there isn't a next time.
There's just something about a clean line and clear cut corner that gets us going.
1. Giles & Brother, Railroad Spike Necklace in Gold, $100
2. J. Landa, Oxidized Sterling Silver Paperclip Chain 36", $295
3. Elysium, Sterling Silver Geometric Earrings, $115
4. Sibilia, Brass Bib Necklace, $145
BOLDER IS BETTER
Size doesn't matter, however, the size of the statement does matter. Go bold or go home with your earrings this year.
5. Sibilia, Geometric Sphere Earrings, $90
6. J. Landa, Turquoise and Labradorite Drop Earrings, $180
7. One-of-a-kind handcrafted Turkish Beaded Tassel Earrings, $40
8. Alexis Bittar, Lucite Gold Tipped Spear Clip-on Earrings, $325
9. J. Landa, Turquoise Slab Earrings, $145
10. J. Landa Fine, Large Diamond Hoop Earrings - Lollie, $795
We're all about the length and pops of color for extra points. Pendant and/or tassel, we're not discriminating.
11. J. Landa Fine, Beaded Wooden Necklace with Diamond Skull Pendant and Beaded Tassel, $1250
12. One-of-a-kind Turkish Turquoise Tassel Necklace, $525
13. One-of-a-kind Turkish Beaded Tassel Necklace, $395
14. One-of-a-kind Turkish Coral Beaded Tassel Necklace, $600
15. J. Landa Fine, Onyx and Turquoise Beaded Mix with Diamond Clasp, $975
16. J. Landa Fine, Square Turquoise Pendant with Diamonds, $425
17. J. Landa, Gunmetal Chain, $160
18. Richard Schmidt, Sterling Silver Squash with Turquoise Carved Feather, $450
We're pretty sure Felicia isn't making the list of top baby names this year. We'd be okay with all of these exclusively being on a list of trends to forget going into 2016.
19. Ombre hair, a standing ovation to whomever began this budget-trend... you will not be missed.
20. Flash tattoos. Because they're flash tattoos.
21. Bad brows. No one needs to be surprised ALL of the time. Cheers to good-browed Demi, stage right.